Sunday, July 27, 2008

Enuff is Enuff : Men fashion

What’s up folks


It’s your main man here trying to create some good dialog here. Let’s get this party boat rolling then. Just a few days ago when I was at a friends house she asked for my opinion about todays fashion. She seemed displeased with todays male style and I really couldn’t blame her. Right now it’s seriously getting out of hand with the tight colored pants the fellas are wearing lately, but more on that later, sheesh.



I guess to their defense is that every generation has their own style and it's the “in” thing right now, even though thats not my cup of tea.



In the 60’s you had people wearing headbands with tie dye shirts listening to Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, and Ungrateful Dead. Most of the time people were probably stoned or on an acid trip.



The 70’s waving in the disco era were platform shoes, bell bottoms, and butterfly collared shirts. These were the casual outfits to wear while clubbing at studio 54 snorting blow, listening to Donna Summers, Bee Gees, and Parliament Funk.



Ahh the 80’s, the decade I'm happily to be born in gave us Kangols, velour suits, and anything leather dominated. You were either Rocking with Run DMC with their Adidas and gold rope chains….or rolling through the jungle with zebra print pants with Guns N Roses. Remember what the government told you kids “crack is wack”.



The 90’s, Kris Kross made you jump with Cross Colors and I was keeping my head up to 2pac while wearing Karl Kani. Some of ya'll were in teen sprits with the flannel shirts. Fubu had me repping Queens with the city shirts in the mid to late 90’s.




Today is a whole new ball game. I'm not asking guys to rock baggy clothing like Hammer, but a bit of breathing room would be helpful. It’s not cool when I know how much change you have in your pockets. The funny thing is that some of the guys buy female pants just to get that colorful and extra tightness fit. You know it's bad when your lady is helping you zipper up your pants. Lil Wayne, Kayne, and Cool Kids do us a favor like my homie Jay “Switch up your flow ish is garbage”. By all means I’m not jealous, I just care about my manhood THAT much.




Well people its been nice blogging with you and I hope you could leave a comment, any feedback is good feedback. Ladies I especially wanna hear your feedback on this topic. Hope we keep in touch.




Cool Kids






Shwayze





Kayne West





No comments: