Monday, July 28, 2008

Is He The Next Eminem?!

Introducing... Asher Roth


Could we possibly be stumbling upon the next big white rapper?  Sure the dude sounds like Eminem, but that seems like a problem that a lot of white rappers have to deal with (and something they can't help at all).  The guy has impressed me.  

I've known about him for a minute now and when i first came across one of his videos on this hip hop site (sorry, y'all get NO love 'round these parts), I was quite surprised.  Not only was dude spittin' some hot ish, he seemed to have a persona, and kind of charisma to him.  I instantly wanted to watch more videos- and so that is what I proceeded to do.  I saw a couple vids of his freestyles, and of other industry heavyweights' reactions to the bars that the skinny white boy was spittin'.  I must say, I believe that the kid is gonna blow (pause).  That's just my opinion.  

Yes, he got signed off of Myspace and yes, he is on the all mighty Universal Music- signed to SRC.  The game needs someone exciting... fresh, and new... but is there room for another white rapper when Em is about to drop an album soon (supposedly)- arguably the best rapper alive?  I think so, but it will be interesting how the dude is received by the masses.  He is definitely nice.  Check him out and lemme know what you think.


Roc Boys Freestyle, "Roth Boys"


"Throw Da Water on 'Em" Freestyle

[update]


-WhieBee? [wh-eye-b-ee]

No comments: